Re: [Condor-users] CORRECTION: Confirming MAX_JOBS_RUNNINGdefaultstoinfinite

Ian,

Good question. This is all somewhat poorly-documented, or at least not documented clearly in one place.

Technically, the number of shadows != number of jobs running. It depends on the job universe. (The scheduler universe, for example, spawns local jobs under the schedd and does not use a condor_shadow, so it is not constrained by this setting.)

By for practical purposes, yes -- this setting will limit the number of remote jobs that the schedd will allow to be running at a given time. So if you want 1000 concurrent remote jobs, you should set this to >=1000.

-Peter