From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Angel de Vicente
Sent: 17 September 2004 12:19
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: [Condor-users] Flocking across a firewall?

Hi,

I am trying to flock jobs from one pool to another, but between them
there is a firewall... I've been looking at the Condor list archives,
but cannot find an explanation of exactly what traffic should be open
between the two pools, and between which nodes.

The situations is like this. We have two networks: A and B. All traffic
from A to B is not firewalled, but most of the traffic from B to A is
filtered. Our network administrator, quite reasonbly, doesn't like the
idea of opening the whole thing, so we would like to open the minimum
necessary.

Any guidelines on what should be open to make it work? So far we have
only opened one port, and when submitting a job from network A to
network B the communication necessary for negotiating is OK. Jobs are
matched to machines in network B. But now the job complains in the
Starter about comunication with the condor_shadow in the submitting
machine. Now, the problem is that the shadows seem to be listening to
different ports. So, is there a range that we should open?

Any help appreciated. Thanks a lot,
Angel de Vicente