Re: [Condor-users] about Condor on Modelnet

Dear Alain,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

First, Modelnet
(http://issg.cs.duke.edu/modelnet.html) is an
emulation environment for wide-area systems. Briefly,
modelnet deploys a generated model WAN network (using
tools such as inet) overlay over original LAN: add
delay, add more route? and emulate the delay and loss
rate and so on for a package sent over WAN.

To make modelnet work, environment
LD_PRELOAD=libipaddr.so  must be set (the libipaddr.so
is provided by modelnet ), so that the ld program will
use the wrapper functions instead those functions
which is defined in libc.so. To make the libipaddr.so
work properly, there are some other environment
variable should be defined.  This mechanism is worked
for globus and other network service.

By starting request via modelnet virtual run,
	1> I can telnet to the gatekeeper and have it connect

By setting some environments specific to Modelnet
before starting globus-gatekeeper,
	2> I can submit jobs to the gatekeeper without
Condor-G remotely.

3> no firewalls in and between me and the gatekeepers.

In addition, Jvm 1.4.1 can not work with modelnet,
because JVM 1.4.1 uses the JVM_socket lib instead of
standard libc.so, but blackdown jvm 1.3.1 works well
with modelnet.

Currently, I set the LD_PRELOAD in condor.boot script,
But it does not work. I wonder where I can set this
variable so that I can make the condor-g network
portation use libipaddr.so instead of libc.so.

Your valued time and suggestion are highly
appreciated.

Best regards,
Sincerely
yuhong