[Condor-users] Condor on Windows

Can anyone who is using Condor on windows help to answer the following
two questions?

1. On windows platform, Condor doesn't support checkpointing, thus it
cannot checkpoint the job and move the job to a different windows
machine if the current machine is not available. If Condor migrates
the job to new windows machine, the job has to run from beginning. How
can a long job be
finished in a Condor pool of windows Desktop computers? (Of coourse,
we can configure not to vacate job, but that is not I want)

2.What kind of compilers (versions?) are supported under Condor
Version 6.7.5 in Windows XP Professional platform? For GNU compilers,
does I have to use Cygwin to compile C and Fortran codes?

Thanks

Honggao Liu, Ph.D
High Performance Computing
Office of Computing Services