Re: [Condor-users] Condor on Windows

1. On windows platform, Condor doesn't support checkpointing, thus it
cannot checkpoint the job and move the job to a different windows
machine if the current machine is not available. If Condor migrates
the job to new windows machine, the job has to run from beginning. How
can a long job be
finished in a Condor pool of windows Desktop computers? (Of coourse,
we can configure not to vacate job, but that is not I want)

I don't understand this question, can you clarify it? Condor doesn't migrate jobs at whim, so how long a job runs depends on your policy and, assuming you run jobs on desktops on which user activity removes jobs, when your users use their computers.

2.What kind of compilers (versions?) are supported under Condor
Version 6.7.5 in Windows XP Professional platform? For GNU compilers,
does I have to use Cygwin to compile C and Fortran codes?

It doesn't matter on Windows. It only matters for standard universe on platforms that support standard universe.

Condor will even run your job if you write it in COBOL.

-alain