Re: [Condor-users] Some questions

Dennis Hsu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some questions:
>
> 1. If I have a cluster, will all machines have to join Condor pool? Or just
> one (Central Manager) have to do?

Your condor pool needs one central manager, and a condor startd running
on each execute node, and a condor schedd running on each submit node.
A node can be both a submit and execute node.

> 2. Does Condor only accpet programs compiled with mpicc? How about mpif77,
> mpicxx, and mpif90?

All of these should work with mpich 1.2.4 today.

> 3. Will Condor support mpich 1.2.5 or later?

Not yet.  We're working on supporting this soon.

> 4. Could Condor execute mpirun to run a program which is compiled with
> mpich
> 1.2.5 or later. Just like running a program at a node.

Not correctly.  The execute nodes will be running outside the knowledge
of condor, so condor would not be able to manage them.

-greg