RE: [Condor-users] Some questions

> Dennis Hsu wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have some questions:
> >
> > 1. If I have a cluster, will all machines have to join
> Condor pool? Or just
> > one (Central Manager) have to do?

I read your question in a different way to Greg,
so sorry if I have misunderstood it.

If you want all the processors in your cluster to run jobs, then they
all need to be in the pool as execute nodes.

If this is part of a larger pool, then all submit nodes in the pool need to be able
to communicate with all execute nodes in your cluster and vice versa. This has an
impact if your cluster (or its provessors) has a firewall or is on its own private network.

If you want to run Condor just on this cluster, then as Greg says, at least one (probably
the head node) needs to able to submit jobs, and at least one must act as the
central manager for the pool.

The bottom line: one way or another, if you want to run normal
Condor jobs on these processors, then they will need to be part of the pool.
(unless you use Condor-C / grid universe and/or Glidein!)

Cheers

JK