RE: [Condor-users] Condor on Linux and AMD Opteron?

> is there somebody who has managed to run condor on AMD Opteron
> architecture on Linux (preferable Debian) in 64 bit mode?
>
> The binaries for i386 do not work correctly:
>
> [root@faepop01 ~]# condor_init
> Error determining who should own the Condor-related directories.
> Either create a "condor" account, or set the CONDOR_IDS environment
> variable to the valid uid.gid pair that should be used by Condor.
>
> [root@faepop01 ~]# id condor
> uid=580(condor) gid=99(nobody) groups=99(nobody)
>
> [root@faepop01 ~]# ls -la /home/
> drwxr-sr-x   2 condor nobody 4096 2005-03-14 11:43 condor

I believe this error is due to the user condor's gid being 'nobody'.
Condor expects both a user and group "condor".  You may be able to get
away with a gid of nobody if you set CONDOR_IDS = 580.99 in your config
file, but I'd recommend making a condor group.

Best of luck,
Mike Yoder
Principal Member of Technical Staff
Direct : +1.408.321.9000