[Condor-users] Debian 2.6.8 Kernel

Hello

We have a cluster running with Condor 6.6 and running a very old version of Red Hat.  As a result, we're upgrading the cluster and we decided to upgrade it to Debian running its version of the 2.6 kernel and currently have a test mini-cluster that's running upgraded. I'm about to slap Condor on it.  The word from another cluster admin in our scientific collaboration who've performed Fedora upgrades is that 2.6 is not supported by 6.6 and that we should be running the dev version, although 6.6 lists Debian Sarge 3.1 support.  After the (very strictly worded!) warnings in the manual about running dev versions (6.7), I just thought I'd ask you people if you knew anything about this and what your opinions on this are.

Also, on a related note, the cluster and mini-cluster are connected up to each other (we didn't bother to form a separate network).  Are their any gotchas that, as a beginning Condor admin, I should know about were I to run two Condor configs side by side?  Especially if they're different versions?

Thanks

				Dominik.