Re: [Condor-users] DRMAA interface

From my experience, the implementation of libcondordrmaa is not complete and has some annoying bugs. I would therefore suggest to spend some time in writing a native Java DRMAA implementation for Condor. The libcondordrmaa works with temporary job submission files, the same could work for a Java library.

If we would have the sources of libcondordrmaa, then it would also be possible to fix the bugs ;-) ...

Anyway, you do not need to start from scratch, since the already available Java DRMAA implementation in Sun Grid Engine is divided into a DRM-specific and a general part. Dan Templeton, the author of the Java DRMAA spec, wrote a blog post about how to extract the SGE-independent part of the API. You can find it here:

http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/templedf/20050421#drmaa_without_grid_engine

Thank you and regards,
Peter.

Alleon, Guillaume schrieb:

It turns out that the condor drmaa interface is a static library. We have an applicatioin
that is a java application that we would like to interface to condor through the DRMAA
interface. I was thinking to partly implement the Java DRMAA interface using libcondordrmaa
but in order to do this I should have a shared library ?
Any experience in that field ?
Is there some plan to have a shared library at some point ?

Yours
Guillaume