Re: [Condor-users] tuning a file server

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 15:21 +0200, Steffen Grunewald wrote:

> So at the moment I'm lost: I cannot reboot the server just to put the
> "elevator=deadline" kernel parameter into action.

Hi,

I have discovered[0] that you can switch io-scheduler at run-time on a
per-block-device basis; no reboot required.

eg:

# cat /sys/block/sda/queue
noop [anticipatory] deadline cfq

# echo "deadline" > /sys/block/sda/queue
# cat /sys/block/sda/queue
noop anticipatory [deadline] cfq

Cheers,
David

[0] http://kerneltrap.org/node/3851
--
David McBride <dwm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Department of Computing, Imperial College, London