RE: Re: [Condor-users] preempt and then hold?

> How often is the ImageSize computed for
>
> a) standard universe jobs ?
> b) vanilla universe jobs ?

It's the same, and defaults to 5 minutes.  This can be configured by
changing UPDATE_INTERVAL
(http://docs.optena.com/display/CONDOR/UPDATE_INTERVAL).  The
information is also sent during state changes.

> If we do not do periodic checkpointing then will the ImageSize
> still be updated for the standard universe jobs so that Condor
> can act on the PREEMPT?

Yes.  The ImageSize isn't determined via checkpointing magic - the
information comes from the operating system: usually somewhere in /proc.

Mike Yoder
Principal Member of Technical Staff
Ask Mike: http://docs.optena.com
Direct  : +1.408.321.9000