Re: [Condor-users] condor_compile a shell script

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 09:08:56PM +0800, Li-Yung Ho wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 09:23:14 -0400, Ian Chesal wrote
>
> Thanks Ian
>
> But I read the following in
> http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7/condor_compile.html
>
> "
> If the Condor administrator has opted to fully install condor_ compile, then
> condor_ compile can be followed by practically any command or program,
> including make or shell-script programs. For example, the following would
> all work:
>
>         condor_compile make
>
>         condor_compile make install
>
>         condor_compile f77 -O mysolver.f
>
>         condor_compile /bin/csh compile-me-shellscript
>
> "
>
> Doesn't it mean that I can condor_compile shell script ??

No. It means that if you compile your program with a shell script instead
of make, you can use condor_compile with your shell script to get your
program linked with the condor libaries.

There is no way to condor_compile a shell script directly because a
shell script is not an ELF executable. You could condor_compile bash,
and then run your shell script with the condor_compiled bash, but that's
as close as you can come, unless there's a bash compiler out there.

-Erik