[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Condor-users] Small suggestion (was: Flocking - jobs matched but not started)
- Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:47:29 -0400
- From: newhorizon@xxxxxxx
- Subject: [Condor-users] Small suggestion (was: Flocking - jobs matched but not started)
DaemonCore: Command Socket at <220.127.116.11:44922>
Just as an aside, permit me to cast one small vote in
favor of using host names - when available - instead
of the IP addresses in such messages.
Using host names would be...
- ...easier on us humans (which is why we often use names
instead of numbers, after all),
- ...consistent with the use of host names elsewhere
in the log files, (eg: "ws-60-7" in
"....attempt to open invalid session ws-60-7:231:1124383840:1,..."),
- ...consistent with the use of host names - not IP addresses -
placed into config files.
(I hope such a change won't mess up anybody who might
programatically scan the log files....?)
Humbly submitted for consideration,