Re: [Condor-users] GPL programs and condor's libraries

On Aug 19, 2005, at 5:49 AM, Jean-Christophe BACCON wrote:

I have the following problem with GPL programs linked with condor's
libraries :
if I want to redistribute thoses binaries to my local users of condor, I
must be able to distribute the sources of the binaries which include
condor's libraries.
This is not a problem for small programs which could be easily
recompiled by users. But, for big programs it is a problem (find the
good options, resolve link issues, disk space, compilation time, ...).

Do you have a solution to avoid recompilation by each user ?

One thing to remember is that Condor's standard universe only requires a relink of the program, no recompilation. Still a pain, not quite as big of one.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |