Re: [Condor-users] random negotiation?

> I'd expect Condor to skip jobs it cannot schedule properly and continue
> with others (this way leaving the problematic stuff for the end).

condor tries to be efficient by skipping the rest of the "cluster" (where
cluster is the first number in your job ID, like 12.0) of jobs if any of the
idle jobs fail to match.

> Is there a config file setting which controls this kind of behaviour

indeed, you can override this with this setting in your condor_config file:

  NEGOTIATE_ALL_JOBS_IN_CLUSTER = TRUE

cheers,
-zach