[Condor-users] TOOL_DEBUG overhead

While debugging a Condor issue, I ran across the TOOL_DEBUG config file entry. Turning that to D_FULLDEBUG and specifying the -debug command line option with one of the Condor commands helped me quite a big in solving the issue I was having. This got me to thinking. Since I have to use the -debug command line option to get the debug output, is there any harm in leaving TOOL_DEBUG always set to D_FULLDEBUG on all the machines I use to administrate my Condor pool? Does the TOOL_DEBUG entry really only affect command line tools? Is there much overhead to having this set, even when the -debug command line option is not specified?

Thanks,

Andy Goar
Middleware Group
Micron Technology Inc
email: agoar@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: (208)368-3254
Support: (208)368-4860
    "The future is a long way from home; About 43 miles."

                                          David Goar - Age 5