RE: [Condor-users] Windows: Any ideas on how to Transfer-in direc tory?

Title: Windows: Any ideas on how to Transfer-in directory?
Well, since no-one seemed to have any other suggestions, I guess using TAR would have to be the solution then.

-----Original Message-----
From: Froebe, Scott [mailto:froebes@xxxxxxx]
Sent: August 5, 2005 2:16 PM
To: Condor-users (E-mail)
Subject: [Condor-users] Windows: Any ideas on how to Transfer-in directory?

Hi All,

I just hit upon a snag for one of the programs we run.  One method of using our program requires subdirectories (of input) to the PWD of it's execution.  Since the standard file transfer mechanism in Condor for windows makes a flat directory, what can I do to preserve the structure?  I've had ideas like using tar/zip/etc, but our resulting output may be several gigabytes, so this would be slow and may result with a file bigger than the file system could handle.

As a little background, we have 2 clusters, a development one and a production one.  The development cluster is running the Bristol stuff so we map file shares (required due to a specific developer user requirement).  For the production cluster I am trying to stay away from the added complexity and network overhead of the Bristol stuff.  As such this issue is only relevant to our production cluster.

Thanks for any ideas.

thanks,
Scott

CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED INFORMATION NOTICE

This e-mail, and any attachments, may contain information that
is confidential, subject to copyright, or exempt from disclosure.
Any unauthorized review, disclosure, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of or reliance on this information
may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited.

AVIS D'INFORMATION CONFIDENTIELLE ET PRIVILÉGIÉE

Le présent courriel, et toute pièce jointe, peut contenir de
l'information qui est confidentielle, régie par les droits
d'auteur, ou interdite de divulgation. Tout examen,
divulgation, retransmission, diffusion ou autres utilisations
non autorisées de l'information ou dépendance non autorisée
envers celle-ci peut être illégale et est strictement interdite.