From: Froebe, Scott [mailto: froebes@xxxxxxx]
Sent: August 5, 2005 2:16 PM
To: Condor-users (E-mail)
Subject: [Condor-users] Windows: Any ideas on how to Transfer-in directory?

Hi All,

I just hit upon a snag for one of the programs we run.  One method of using our program requires subdirectories (of input) to the PWD of it's execution.  Since the standard file transfer mechanism in Condor for windows makes a flat directory, what can I do to preserve the structure?  I've had ideas like using tar/zip/etc, but our resulting output may be several gigabytes, so this would be slow and may result with a file bigger than the file system could handle.

As a little background, we have 2 clusters, a development one and a production one.  The development cluster is running the Bristol stuff so we map file shares (required due to a specific developer user requirement).  For the production cluster I am trying to stay away from the added complexity and network overhead of the Bristol stuff.  As such this issue is only relevant to our production cluster.

Thanks for any ideas.