Re: [Condor-users] "Hello World" for Windows 2000 users

Hi Erik,

IMPORTANT:
For security reasons I should have renamed one of the files. Please RENAME my_echo.bat1 to my_echo.bat.

Attached are the batch file ("my_echo.bat", which should be run 3 times by the description file) and the description file ("my_echo.desc").

The three processes get submitted but all of the following files: 0.out, 1.out, 2.out are empty. I would have guessed they should each contain "123".

What am I doing wrong?

Gal.

On 12/3/05, Erik Paulson <epaulson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 04:17:00PM +0200, Gal Ostfeld wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Could someone please send me the simplest "Hello World" style program and
> Condor descriprion file to run on Windows 2000 that I can submit to any pool
> and see that it works and outputs "Hello World" to an output file? It can be
> either written as a .bat file, Java program or C/C++ program. I will need
> also the the description file submitted to the Condor system.
> The reason is that I'm trying to do this elementary operation but somehow I
> fail in two different pools one of which is guaranteed to work well. I also
> fail with the Condor provided examples so I turn to you guys for help.

It's probably more useful for you to send us your submit file, and a
description of what's failing for you.

-Erik

  Executable     = ./my_echo.bat
  Universe = vanilla
  Requirements   = (OpSys == "WINNT50" && Arch == "INTEL")

  should_transfer_files = YES
  when_to_transfer_output = ON_EXIT

  Error   = $(Process).err
  Output  = $(Process).out