Re: [Condor-users] Problems with jobs

Hi.

When im submitting jobs into my pool it seems to take ages to start running the

jobs unless i run condor_reschedule. Is there a way to speed the process up without

me running this command?

[Ian Chesal] See: http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7/3_3Configuration.html#11494 -- make sure you have that set to True in the config file on the machine you’re calling condor_submit from. It will automatically issue a reschedule after submission.

My second problem is that job results are not returning to me any quicker than If i ran

my jobs one a one machine pool. I.e im checking condor_q and the queue is only going

down 1 at a time at roughly the same speed as if there was only one machine in that pool.

It is also slower than if I actually ran my jobs sequentially on one machine using a batch

file or shell script.

[Ian Chesal] What does condor_q -ana say? Are you setting your job requirements such that only one VM in the system is able to match with all your jobs in your cluster? What about the MAX_JOBS_RUNNING setting on your schedd? Make sure that isn’t set to 1.