Re: [Condor-users] MyProxy doesn't refresh credentials for gt4 grid_type

On Dec 5, 2005, at 10:18 PM, Emir Imamagic wrote:

Still, a nice thing is that Condor checks for refreshed proxy and
sends refresh to Delegation Service. So, I managed to make relatively
easy solution with cron script :)

Another thing, why do you use retrieveable MyProxy certificates?
If you use renewable certificates, refresh can be achieved without
passphrase. Authentication is then achieved by using existing proxy (if
it's valid). Resonable security level is achieved by setting renewable
policy to allow only a specific user to renew proxy.
This solution is actually recommended in MyProxy documentation
(http://grid.ncsa.uiuc.edu/myproxy/renew.html)

The code was written when passphrase was the only renewal option. Adding renewal using the proxy hasn't been a high enough priority to do yet.

Also, when can we expect to see myproxy support for gt4 jobs? It doesn't
seem like a difficult thing to implement, because the whole refresh
mechanism already exist.

It shouldn't be very difficult, but you're the first person to ask for it so far.

And the last question, is there an implementation plan for C version of
GT4 gahp?

We don't have any plans for a C version at present.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |