Re: [Condor-users] Problems with jobs

On 12/7/05, Chris Miles <chrismiles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have managed to get that number up as high as 20 and even 50 with only
> little difference. I am seeing
> more running jobs, but not much more. Only 7vms max so far

How many (non held) clusters and jobs* are in your queue and how often
do you negotiate?

Since the schedd can only do one of the two tasks (starting shadows
and serving queue info requests) it can fail to keep up

A similar situation can occur if something/someone is running condor_q
against your schedd repeatedly.

* if NEGOTIATE_ALL_JOBS_IN_CLUSTER is true then jobs matter, if not
then clusters matter.

Matt