Re: [Condor-users] Problems with jobs

> Is there anyway arround this condor_shadow problem or move them to
another
> machine? Does it not defeat the point in having a powerfull 25 machine
> cluster
> here yet I need to end up with 50 processes running on my dainty
little
> submitting
> machine that it cant handle?? I would be better running my 1000 jobs
on
> the
> machine through a script in a loop :-s

None that I know of. Although that'd be neat feature: spawning shadows
on a dedicated "shadow" machine. I could actually use something like
that here at Altera.

> I have now logged into my actual cluster.
>
> These machines are all the same arch, memory etc.
>
> 2GB memory and 4Ghz CPUs - fairly powerfull.
>
> I then submit a job... still not many of the vms being used up. Only 8
> showing here
> but there is upwards of 30 condor_shadow processes ? why not that many
> busy machines?

It really sounds like your submit machine can't handle the load. What
happens if you move your submit node to one of your more power machines?

- Ian