Re: [Condor-users] Running jobs as nobody on all machines

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 11:22:05AM -0600, Jaime Frey wrote:
> On Dec 7, 2005, at 4:36 AM, Emir Imamagic wrote:
> > This is not an option because we want to utilize submit machine as
> > well.
> >

> > There is also an option of using some other machine to submit job
> > on the
> > main submit machine, but we would really want to submit all tasks from
> > one machine.
> >
> > Can this be achieved in configuration?
>
> I'm not sure I understand the question.
>
> Why can't you set UID_DOMAIN to be the same on all of the machines?
>
>   -- Jaime

Because in some cases the submit machine will be the same as the
execute machine.

I dont' have to make sure it works, but try putting in your config file

UID_DOMAIN = $(FULL_HOSTNAME)
SCHEDD.UID_DOMAIN = submitpoint.$(FULL_HOSTNAME)

After you restart (maybe only reconfig), your schedd and startd should
advertise different values for UID_DOMAIN, even though they are the same
machine and they read from the same configuration file. If this works, it
will only work in later 6.7 releases.

-Erik