Re: [Condor-users] submit file : howto ?

On Dec 8, 2005, at 11:02 AM, Nicolas GUIOT wrote:

I'm trying to transform some "old-style" shell script to submit my jobs to "new-style" condor, but I need help :

To simplify, here was the old-style :
#!/bin/tcsh
set i=1
while ($i<10)
	./my_application
	tar zvcf my_result_file_$i.tar.gz my_result_file
	rm my_result_file
	@ i=$i+1
end
________

So, my problem is : how can I transmit to the running job the its own job number ? (am I clear ?), so that when it writes the "output" files (*.tar.gz), it names the file according to the job number ?

As said earlier, I simplified the program, but the "job number" is used several times in the loop, so I don't think that only writing "Output = out.$(Process)" will do the job : I'd really need to get the job number somehow.

Use $(Process) in the arguments or an environment variable.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |