Re: [Condor-users] Problems with jobs

On 12/8/05, Chris Miles <chrismiles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It is not possible unfortunately.
>
> My submit machine is isolated and running Grid middleware (globus toolkit)
> and on a completely different network. Im using the new GCB functionality
> to get through a firewall into the cluster.

Ahhh - stating this up front might have helped...

> I have to get it running on this machine somehow

how long does your hello world job take to run?

I guess it just does the equivalent of echo "hello world" and exits yes?
Such a ridiculously short job ill not give you a fair impression of
how much load your machine can handle.

Try doing it with jobs which sleep for  5 minutes and see what happens.
If your 'real' jobs are planned to be less than this you may well find
the overhead of all the hoops you are jumping through to schedule them
is simply not worth it.

Matt