Re: [Condor-users] Using Condor (Windows) with Linux File Servers

On 12/15/05, Ari Silver <ari_ag@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to get a Windows 2003 Server pool running
> Condor to use linux file servers. The primary reason
> for this is that the executables I wish to run require
> a number of dlls and I don't want to have to specify
> which dlls should be transferred each time a job is
> run.
<snip>
> 007 (008.000.000) 12/15 10:02:58 Shadow exception!
>        Error from starter on machine504.mydomain.com: Failed
> to open standard output file
> '//bonnie/home/silvera/CondorJobs/demo/demo.out':
> Invalid argument (errno 22)
>        0  -  Run Bytes Sent By Job
>        0  -  Run Bytes Received By Job
>
> I made sure the directories have the necessary
> permissions (777). Can anyone shed some light on this?

On windows jobs execute as a user with no priviledges whatsoever. this
includes accessing network level resources such as unc shares.

To access this either you:

a) alter the user the jobs start as to be a domain user (this involves
storing said users credentials on every execute machine)

b) do something the equivalent of "net use //foo/bar" but specifying a
user and password (again by necessity a member of said domain). This
is fairly simple (though you should try to ensure you remove the use
post job completion to avoid running out of resource handles) but has
obvious security implications if you do not have a full trust
environment for your pool.

c) use something like the bristoladd on

d) add your own work round here

Matt