Re: [Condor-users] New user Question

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Ramzi KHASKHOUSSI wrote:

> I am a new condor user, I have installed Condor 6.6.7 on my windows machines. I am using vanilla universe for the moment,
> My application needs two directories(with many files) to be executed.I want to ask how to transfer them in order to execute the application on the remote machine.
> NB: we have to keep the same structure of the directories else the application will not execute.

Condor doesn't support transferring directories of files for jobs. One
workaround you can try is to write a shell/perl script that creates the
directories expected by your application, moves the transferred files into
them, then executes the application. You then submit the script as your
job, with the application executable as an input file.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |