Re: [Condor-users] Condor_exec.exe +Cygwin

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 15:03:30 +0100, Ramzi KHASKHOUSSI
<ramzi.khaskhoussi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> How can I call the cygwin shell script(named : validation) from the
> executable .bat?
>
> Can you help me(give me an example of such .bat executable) ?

one line bat file

%PATH_TO_CYGWIN_BIN%\bash validation %*

with submit file inclusion

environment = PATH_TO_CYGWIN_BIN=C:\cygwin\bin

(for example)

the alternate is submit file

environment = PATH=C:\cygwin\bin

script

bash validation %*

I am somewhat worried that you consistently refer to this as cygwin
shell script rather than a bash shell script. The difference may seem
like a fine point but unless you understand it (that cygwin is
*providing* a windows executable which runs the bash shell and at the
same time the variety of tools that most scripts assume are present
when running bash scripts)  I would suggest you are in for some
problems tying any sort of approach like this...

You might as well ask in your question "how can I call an arbitrary
executable on an execute machine" when said executable can not simply
be transferred to the machine it must be installed with a host of
other changes to the OS.

The simple answer is lock down all variables in the system where
possible and is the easiest approach where possible. You must know in
advance where cygwin is installed since it is NOT on the path by
default (nothing is in condor).

Matt