RE: [Condor-users] condor_master cant connect with collector

| Are you mixing a 6.6.8 and 6.7.3 config file?

Mmmm... I don't think, since this is the first time I install condor
On linux and I have been using the config file generated by the
installer.

| How are you starting the condor_collector? If the master
| starts the condor_collector, the master will automatically
| start the collector with '-p 9618'.

Afaik, Normally condor_master will spawn a condor_collector
automatically
I only started The condor_collecter without argument so I can see more
Messages to debug it.

| If you're running the condor_collector without a master, make
| sure you have -p 9618 at the command line. (Running without a
| master is not recommended)

It is good to know, tx
I have killed all condor_* process and restarted condor_collector -p
9618
Then started condor_master. It is all peachy now

But I am still wondering why the collector can't be started by the
master process.
Dave.