Re: [Condor-users] Architechture suggestions for large Condor pool

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 09:05:59 +1100, paul.chubb@xxxxxxxxxx
<paul.chubb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dan,
>       that is big. Have you seen the ppt from condor uk week:
>
> http://www.nesc.ac.uk/talks/438/12th/deploying_large_pools.ppt

Interestingly I saw that this was on the agenda for that week but
couldn't find the associated presentation - clearly I wasn't looking
hard enough.  And we are aware that it is a big deployment!  I think
this is half the fun ;)

> It has some interesting info that may identify hotspots.

> BTW how are you doing the authentication against AD for the windows
> machines and linux machines?

This is what we are investigating at the moment.  Currently all the
Windows workstations authenticate against AD.  Our initial roll out
will be to a series of Linux clusters and workstation rooms (I
expect).  I'm still trying to gather information about how the Linux
clusters authenticate, but I know everything is done against a central
source.  I think with the staggered roll out we will have to deal with
issues one at a time, I suspect I might be firing a lot more questions
to the list though as things arise - we really are in the planning
stage right now, Condor is only on one of the clusters at the moment.

regards and thanks,

Dan

--
Dan Swan || dan.swan[at]gmail.com || http://scot1and.net/~dan
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."