[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Condor-users] Installation of condor.
- Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 17:42:26 -0800
- From: Stuart Bowness <stuart@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Condor-users] Installation of condor.
I'm just beginning the installation of my grid and I've got a few
On my grid I wish to use the following machines:
1. 1.5Ghz Powerbook running OS X
2. 1.2 Ghz iBook running OS X
3. Dual 1.2Ghz PowerMac G4 running OS X
3. 2.5Ghz AMD System running Ubuntu Linux
4. 1.2 Ghz AMD System running Windows 2003 Server
5. 1Ghz AMD System running Windows 2000 Professional
I would like to install the central client on machine #1. I am however
wondering about a number of things:
1. If this machine is the central manager will it still be able to
participate with jobs submitted to the grid?
2. When I install condor with the --central-manager<hostname> parameter
is it necessary to actually have a domain name mapped to that hostname
field? Or can I just do something like this:
--central-manager<192.168.1.100> which is the IP of machine #1
3. When I install the central manager is it necessary to go:
What happens if I were to do:
Would it still know that it is the manager?
Also do you guys have any recommendations on how to setup the network
for distributing POV-RAY scenes? I know that this has been done in the
past and I was wondering if anyone has any advice.