[Condor-users] Installation of condor.

Hi again,

I'm just beginning the installation of my grid and I've got a few questions.

On my grid I wish to use the following machines:
1. 1.5Ghz Powerbook running OS X
2. 1.2 Ghz iBook running OS X
3. Dual 1.2Ghz PowerMac G4 running OS X
3. 2.5Ghz AMD System running Ubuntu Linux
4. 1.2 Ghz AMD System running Windows 2003 Server
5. 1Ghz AMD System running Windows 2000 Professional

I would like to install the central client on machine #1. I am however wondering about a number of things:

1. If this machine is the central manager will it still be able to participate with jobs submitted to the grid?

2. When I install condor with the --central-manager<hostname> parameter is it necessary to actually have a domain name mapped to that hostname field? Or can I just do something like this: --central-manager<192.168.1.100> which is the IP of machine #1

3. When I install the central manager is it necessary to go:
--type=<submit,execute,manager>
What happens if I were to do:
--type=<submit,execute>
Would it still know that it is the manager?

Also do you guys have any recommendations on how to setup the network for distributing POV-RAY scenes? I know that this has been done in the past and I was wondering if anyone has any advice.

Thanks much,
Stuart