Re: [Condor-users] Condor and Itanium

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 04:01:17PM -0600, Erik Paulson wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 11:12:06PM +0100, Sven-Arne Reinemo wrote:
> > "6.6.8, and all future releases will no longer support Redhat Linux on
> > IA64, Digital UNIX 4.0f, and Solaris 7."
> > Anyone knows what this means for the IA64 platform? Will it be supported
> > on other distributions or will all support for it be discontinued?
>
> That was poorly worded. It should say "No longer support Redhat Linux
> version 7.2 on the IA64".
>
> We will continue to support other Linux distributions on the IA64, probably
> RHEL 3.0 and SuSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 8.1.

This raises the question I use to ask once per 6 months:

Since there is now Debian Sarge support for i386 (which basically is a
re-labelled RedHat glibc23 release), what about support for other
platforms running Debian Sarge?
I understand that the "vanilla only" clipped RH7.x version for Alpha for
instance would most probably also run under Debian Sarge; but since it's
clipped there's not support for standard etc. universes ... At the moment
it seems that nobody here would use standard jobs, but times are
a-changin'.

Also I found (the hard way - I still have to type in all my personal
information at the download pages) that the third mirror is *NOT*
up-to-date, London only has 6.6.7 and 6.7.2. This has happened for
Bologna in the past, too. A biot annoying, to say the least...
What about a cookie instead? I'm responsible for keeping up-to-date at
our site and this feature doesn't make it easier.

Moreover, are there any news about the "going Open Source" announced two
years ago? (you see that this question is closely connected to my first
one above...)

Cheers,
 Steffen

--