Re: [Condor-users] newbie

On Saturday 12 February 2005 5:54 am, toby sebastian wrote:
> Hello,
Hello,

> I am facing a problem. I have configured one Red Hat Linux 9.0 machine as
> Central manager, Submission Host, Execution Host. I have submitted jobs to
> the queue. But i am finding the status of every job as ' Idle ' only. I am
> able to chage the status to " Hold " state but I cant run the jobs. Please
> suggest solution for this one.

There could be a lot of different things going on here....  Let's start with a
few basics, first.

1. run 'condor_status' and verify that the machine ad is showing up in your
pool.  It should show up as "Idle".

2. If it's in "Owner/Idle", this means that Condor is not running your job
because it thinks that the machine is being used by a real human (probably
you), and you've configured it not to run jobs in the "Owner" state.  Look at
your start expression in your condor_config.

3. If it's not showing up in your pool at all, look at the DAEMON_LIST in your
condor_config, and check the MasterLog and the StartLog for clues.

4. If you get an error something like this:
CEDAR:6001:Failed to connect to <123.456.789.1:9618>
Error: Couldn't contact the condor_collector on <123.456.789.1:9618>.
this means that your collector is running.  Look at your DAEMON_LIST in your
condor_config and check the MasterLog and CollectorLog for clues.

I hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction...

-Nick

--
           <<< Why, oh, why, didn't I take the blue pill? >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project