Re: [Condor-users] Large Number of small jobs

Yes they were all used up, in my first scenario when I was using one condor_submit_dag per pair of jobs and in the second
scenario when I was grouping all the job pairs in one dag file only and was submitting without using
-maxjobs. Right now I am limiting the number of jobs to 40 but I ran into this other problem where the parents
are all executed before the chil creating a potential disk space problem.

You idea of setting stderr and stdout to /dev/null is nice but it is only partly solving the problem. I really need
to submit thousands of jobs......

Many thanks

Daniel

Robert E. Parrott wrote:

This may not be relevant, but one thing I do when submitting many jobs
is send stdout & stderr to /dev/null.

This may free up some file descriptors.

It's not clear from your email where all the files descriptors are
being used up. Have you identified that yet?

rob