Re: [Condor-users] condor_submit_dag not spotting dependency bug

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 01:46:53PM +0100, Steffen Grunewald wrote:
> Is this a known problem, and are there any plans to fix
> condor_submit_dag? I agree that it might be a PEBKAC, but DAGs tend to
> grow large and users would appreciate more assistance from Condor to
> find such obvious dependency violations...

condor_submit_dag does not check for cycles, but dagman itself does.  after
submitting and running part of the dag you showed, you would eventually
see this in the .dagman.out file:
  ERROR: a cycle exists in the DAG

if you want dagman to check the entire dag for cycles *before* attempting
to execute any of it, set:
  DAGMAN_STARTUP_CYCLE_DETECT = TRUE
in your condor_config file.

it would optimal if condor_submit_dag did the checking, but it doesn't really
parse the dag file itself, as it's just a convenient way of invoking the real
dagman as a condor job.

cheers,
-zach