RE: [Condor-users] Rank expression

> > Unclaimed and Idle are necessary for your job to be assigned to a
> > machine. You don't need those in your rank expression. Condor won't
> > assign your job to a machine if it's not unclaimed and idle.
> >
> > But I'm not a dagman user so maybe I'm talking out of context here.
> >
> > - Ian
>
> Yes I agree. But I had the following problem:
> I had three parallel Jobs and four unclaimed machines. But
> all three Jobs only used ONE machine the other machines
> stayed unclaimed?! So I added the unclaimed and idle
> statement to my rank expression.

You should change your NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK and
NEGOTIATOR_POST_JOB_RANK settings on your site-wide master machine so
machines are filled up breadth-first instead of depth first.

##  The NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK expression overrides all other ranks
##  that are used to pick a match from the set of possibilities.
##  The following expression matches jobs to unclaimed resources
##  whenever possible, regardless of the job-supplied rank.
NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK = RemoteOwner =?= UNDEFINED

##  The NEGOTIATOR_POST_JOB_RANK expression chooses between
##  resources that are equally preferred by the job.
##  The following example expression steers jobs toward
##  faster machines and tends to fill a cluster of multi-processors
##  breadth-first instead of depth-first.  In this example,
##  the expression is chosen to have no effect when preemption
##  would take place, allowing control to pass on to
##  PREEMPTION_RANK.
NEGOTIATOR_POST_JOB_RANK = (RemoteOwner =?= UNDEFINED) * (KFlops -
VirtualMachineID)

- Ian