RE: [Condor-users] Rank expression

> > I'm having a strange problem with the rank expression (Condor
> > 6.6.8, windowsXP). I want my Job to use a Machine which is
> > "unclaimed" (and of course "idle", I just added the idle for
> > testing) and has lots of memory and mips. There are 4 PCs,
> > one slow and three fast. I submited two Jobs, the first ran
> > on a fast machine and *of course* the second Job ran on the
> > slow machine!? At the submitting time all four machines were
> > "idle" and "unclaimed". This happened every time I tried it.
> > The rank expression looks like this:
> >
> > In the DAG (this \"\"\" looks strange but it's OK I think):
> >
> > VARS Ba rankExpB = " ((TARGET.Activity ==
> > \"\"\"idle\"\"\")*10000) + ((TARGET.State ==
> > \"\"\"Unclaimed\"\"\")*10000) + (TARGET.mips) +
> > (TARGET.memory) "
> >

> > In the sub file:
> > rank = $(rankExpB)
> >

> > What is wrong here??
> > (I used condor_findhost -r ... to check the expression. It
> > returns me one of the fast Machines! )
> >
> > regards,
> >     Matthias
>
> Unclaimed and Idle are necessary for your job to be assigned to a
> machine. You don't need those in your rank expression. Condor won't
> assign your job to a machine if it's not unclaimed and idle.
>
> But I'm not a dagman user so maybe I'm talking out of context here.
>
> - Ian

Yes I agree. But I had the following problem:
I had three parallel Jobs and four unclaimed machines. But all three Jobs
only used ONE machine the other machines stayed unclaimed?! So I added the
unclaimed and idle statement to my rank expression.

regards,
  Matthias

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail