Re: [Condor-users] How to troubleshoot MPI job?

Hi Erik,

thanks for your reply, will try to work on it.

Nigel

Erik Paulson wrote:

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 11:51:23PM +0800, Nigel Teow wrote:

My qns are,
1. How do I check which mpich Condor is using to run the job?

It's whatever MPICH you used to build your program with (ie whatever mpicc you used)

2. What does Condor need from mpich to run the mpi job?

Nothing. We use 0.0% of MPICH at runtime. It's why you can't/don't need to use ssh with the MPI universe. This is very different than every other batch system out there, which is why it's so confusing for people.

3. Is there a way to monitor/observe how Condor runs the mpi job?

The shadow log on the submit machine, and the starter logs on the execute
machines.

4. How does Condor know which machines to use?

It matchmakes with the dedicated resources it has.

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6.8/3_10Setting_Up.html#sec:Config-Dedicated-Jobs

-Erik