Re: [Condor-users] questions about job , user priority and machine rank

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 10:37:29AM -0500, Ian Chesal wrote:
> > A minor point - job priority is per user in the schedd, not
> > just per schedd.
> > So if user A and B have jobs submitted from a schedd, the job
> > priority of user A jobs have no effect on the jobs of user B.
>
> Just to make sure I'm reading this correctly:
>
> I have I submit two clusters, from two different schedds, one with:
>
> Priority = 10
>
> And one with:
>
> Priority = 11
>
> Then the 11 cluster should run before the 10 cluster even though they're
> not on the same schedd. Correct?

No. Job priority is internal to the schedd - it's just a "of the jobs
I have submitted, what job should I try and matchmake next."

The other schedd is completely unaware of it, as is the negotiator.
(The negotiator just matches jobs in the order that they're presented
to it)

-Erik