[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Condor-users] AFS & Condor
- Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:43:29 -0600
- From: Franco Milicchio <milicchio@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Condor-users] AFS & Condor
I'm planning to install condor on an AFS cell. What I'm planning to do,
- /afs/cell.name/proj/condor -> /afs/cell.name/proj/condor.@sys
- install condor (linux 2.4) in /afs/cell.name/proj/condor.i386_linux24
- install condor (linux 2.6) in /afs/cell.name/proj/condor.i386_linux26
- install condor (macosx) in /afs/cell.name/proj/condor.ppc_darwin_70
- have all symlinks for bin, sbin & co on @sys
Every user using an afs account will have rights to read and write on
/afs/cell.name/proj/condor-jobs, acl based on ip addresses will allow
writing on this volume.
Now the questions :)
Has anyone a configuration like this one?
Is it necessary a condor user? I don't think so...
How to install condor on AFS with the minimum amount of waste? I mean,
when I will install it on linux, I will do it first on the job
submitting machine... How to make the other linux machines aware of
condor if I share binaries and configurations?
I'm quite confused using AFS... but it's the smartest way of sharing
data across multiple machines...
Can you give me some hints, suggestions...?
Franco Milicchio <mailto:milicchio@xxxxxxxx>
No keyboard found. Press F1 to continue...
(Almost every BIOS available in this world... even yours!)