Re: [Condor-users] questions about negotiation in condor-g

On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 04:38:11PM +0800, Carson Hung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First of all, I would like to thanks Erik for his reply that give me more
> information about negotiation cycle in condor.
>
> However, I still don't understand the differences between condor and
> condor-g in negotiating for resources.

There are none.

> I am wondering if condor-g use the
> same methods i.e. considering the users and jobs priority in the queue and
> machines ranks etc. in the matchmaking process.

Yes, it does. However, because the resources in Condor-G matchmaking
aren't really condor_startds, they don't update the collector/negotiator
about what jobs are running there (condor never "claims" the resource in
Condor-G) - so no accounting is done on the resource, so your priority never
changes.

In a pure condor-G matchmaking world, the priority of the users will never
change, regardless of how many machines a user gets matched with. If you
want the priority to change. If you want your priority to change, you'll
have to use condor_userprio to either change the real priority or the priority
factor (ie the effective priority)

-Erik