Re: AW: [Condor-users] how can a condor job connect on a Map network drive for windows platform?

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:36:18 +0100, Thomas Bauer
<tombauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A few weeks ago I tested the the same tactic with the batch-file and the net
> use command, but I noticed a problem. When you log in on the executing
> machine with a different user-account, this user sees the same drivemap as
> connected by the net use command in the batch file. This drive is shown as
> not connected and the user can't browse on this drive, but he can't
> disconnect this drive either. The only solution I saw was to restart this
> computer, because after that, the mapdrive was not connected anymore.

it is worth noting that you can simply avoid the drive mapping all
together and do net use without a drive mapping. Drive mappings are
EvilBadThings anyway - just start using unc properly...

You may still get other user related problems but the drive mapping
itself will go away.

Windows is not so nice about maintaining independence between multiple
users on the same machine when it comes to network connectivity (I
sometimes get issues with my approach where the net use delete seems
to affect both users...

The alternate is to not delete the use but this can lead to netbios
resource leakage...

Matt