Re: [Condor-users] Permission problem with condor on windows

Hello Filip!

> I think it has to do with the fact that condor is running
> as a non priviliged user on win (automatically created, condor-vmx
> or so if I'm not mistaken).

I have checked and all daemons runs under my username/login
I made sure the condor window service run under my login (LogAs)

> How about not setting initial-dir and simply writing to the
> current execute/xxx/ dir, so that the logs get transferred
> back to your original submit dir via condorfs.

Sure I will give it a try, but I set it since documentation
was suggesting to set it, to avoid NFS automount, to unmount
during job execution. on windows it should be fine to remove it
but under linux, I might have to use it... we will see....

keep you posted.

> Alternatively, you can force condor to run jobs as a different
> user ID with more permissions.

my window config file doesn't define CONDOR_IDS
I had to do this on my linux cluster to get condor service
to start properly at boot time. I will give it a test.

> - Filip

Tx Filip!
Dave.