[Condor-users] When do machine RANK settings apply?

Do machine RANK settings apply before or after resources are partitioned
based on effective priority? I'm not certain I completely understand a
negotation cycle in condor. Lets say I have one free machine and a cycle
starts. I have users with idle jobs that have user A with 2 idle jobs
with job priorities 1 and 2. I have user B with 2 idle jobs with job
priorities 3 and 4. User A has an EUP of 2.00 and user B has an EUP of
2.00. when the negotiation cycle starts, how will that one lone free
machine be handled: how can I predict which user will get the machine?

If the RANK on the machine was:

RANK = TARGET.JobPrio * 1000

Then should the machine not go to the job with the highest job priority
value? I'm seeing it go to User A's job.

- Ian

--
Ian R. Chesal <ichesal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Senior Software Engineer