Re: [Condor-users] flocking problem

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 15:58:09 -0600  "David A. Kotz" wrote:

> Mere seconds after I submitted my question, the jobs inexplicably
> decided to flock.  Prior to sending, I had watched at least three
> consecutive negotiator cycles say that there were no matches for my
> test jobs.

keep in mind that with the flocking setup you described, you'll have 3
*different* negotiators at work.  flocking is entirely handled by your
condor_schedd.  if it's told: "you're in pool A, but you can flock to
pools B and C", the schedd will initially just send classads to the
collector for pool A.  eventually, the negotiator for pool A will
contact the schedd and attempt to find machines that match the
schedd's jobs.  if the schedd finishes talking to negotiator A and
still has idle jobs, it'll start sending classads to both collector A
*and* collector B.  eventually, negotiator B will notice this schedd
appeared, and will contact it to see if it can give it any matches.
if, after talking to both negotiator A and negotiator B, the schedd
*still* has idle jobs, it'll start to advertise itself in pool C, and
the process will continue.

so, if you were only looking at the negotiator log for pool A, you'll
*ALWAYS* see it say "can't find any matches for the job that wants to
be in pool C".  make sense?

-derek