Re: [Condor-users] HIGHPORT and LOWPORT

Masao Fujinaga wrote:
Does setting the port range using
HIGHPORT = 9700
LOWPORT = 9600
limit the number of jobs that can be running? With the above limits, I could only get about 40 jobs to run. With the limits removed, I was able to run more (62, the number of machines that I had available).

Yes. Each job requires two addresses plus several fixed number of addresses per submit machine. Therefore, you pretty much hit the wall with about 40 jobs. Karen Miller is adding, in the manual, stuff that explains how big the address range must be.

Masao

--
Masao Fujinaga | Research Computing Support
fujinaga@xxxxxxxxxxx | Computing and Network Services