Re: [Condor-users] Comparison with other clustering software ?

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 09:01:00AM +1300, Andrew Mellanby wrote:
> Hi,
> Have any of you done an in-depth comparisons between Condor and other
> clustering software like for example SGE ?
> If anyone has done or seen such work, I would be very grateful for a
> reference to it.

The Condor Team has not. Condor, PBS, and SGE are fairly old pieces of
software, and there were comparisons done many years ago, but they are
very out of date and should not be cited any longer (certainly not for
information on Condor)

If anyone has done a comparison, we'd appreciate having a chance to
review the Condor portion of it for correctness (as the SGE and PBS
developers probably would as well)

To be fair, it should probably include:
Condor
SGE
PBSPro
LSF
Torque (I think the OpenPBS codebase is done)
XGrid
Sycld's suite (I don't know what it all includes now, it's pretty advanced)

and lots and lots of others... ClusterWorld magazine does cover some
of them, but I've been disappointed by their coverage of Condor in
the past, so I wouldn't treat their coverage as exhaustive.

-Erik