Re: [Condor-users] A question to condor NT

Rainer,

You could also give us a bit more information by setting

STARTER_DEBUG = D_FULLDEBUG

in your execute machine's config file. We're still working on getting a machine in-house to iron out some of these issues that are specific to Windows 2003 Server.

In this case I believe the SYSTEM account is lacking some privilege that allows it to either create or enable/disable user accounts. On all versions of Windows I'm familiar with, the SYSTEM user is a member of group BUILTIN\Administrators. Perhaps that is not the case on Windows 2003 server.

As a temporary workaround, if the problem is that the condor-reuse-vmX accounts aren't being created, you can simply add them yourself manually and see if that clears up the problem. If the machine has say, two VMs, you'll need to create two accounts named condor-reuse-vm1 and condor-reuse-vm2. You should only have to create them once, and they should only be a member of the BUILTIN\Users group.

Colin